Thursday / September 20.
HomeEconomyTeenager dies on street as chemist refuses medicine

Teenager dies on street as chemist refuses medicine

medicineA teenager who did not carry her emergency stash of medicines died of allergic reaction while out with family, Emirates 24/7 reported.

The girl suffered from peanut allergy. 14-year-old Emma Sloan from Dublin, Ireland, died after a chemist refused to give her mother an emergency anti-allergy drug that could have saved her from an allergic reaction to peanuts.

The family was enjoying their lunch at a local Chinese restaurant and the girl had ordered a curry. However, one of the curry’s ingredients was peanuts. The girl’s mom ran to the nearest chemist to get an EpiPen, which could have saved her daughter’s life. However, the chemist refused to hand over the drug without a prescription and asked the mother to rush her daughter to hospital.

Unfortunately, the teenager collapsed and went into an anaphylactic shock and even though a passerby who happened to be a doctor tried to save her but was not successful.

A family outing ended in tragedy after a teen girl did not have her essential medicine with her when she had an allergic reaction.

Emma Sloan, 14, of Dublin, Ireland, died after a pharmacy refused to give her mother an EpiPen that would have saved her from an allergic reaction to peanuts.

The girl lost her struggle for life in front of her family members.

Both, the police and the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland, are investigating the tragic death of the young girl. (Emirates 24/7)