OnePlus 2 launched; big features at $329
NEW DELHI, 1 days ago
OnePlus, the start-up Chinese smartphone maker, has launched its new flagship device OnePlus 2.
The OnePlus 2 will initially go on sale in India, China, the US, Canada, and select EU countries on August 11. Southeast Asia will get the smartphone in Q4 2015.
The phone will cost $329 for an unlocked 16-GB version and $389 for the 64-GB one. It will be sold through an invite system.
Key features include:
* A finger print sensor
* The 16 GB phone features 3 GB of RAM, the 64 GB has 4 GB.
* A 13-megapixel rear camera with a 1.3-micron sensor, laser autofocus, dual-LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording, RAW image support, and OIS, apart from a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
* A 5.5-inch in-cell display with a full-HD (1080×1920 pixel) resolution and 1500:1 contrast ratio.
* It will be powered by a 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 810 v2.1 SoC clocked at 1.8GHz and coupled with an Adreno 430 GPU alongside 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 64GB internal storage.
* A reversible USB type C port for charging
* Dual sims for switching between carriers or phone numbers.
* It runs on OnePlus’s proprietary software platform, OxygenOS
* It runs on a 3300mAh battery, and has a fingerprint sensor that can store up to 5 prints and unlock in under 0.5 seconds. It weighs 175 grams.
The company will open pop-up stores in nine cities across the world – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Jakarta, Milan, Berlin, Paris, London, New York, and San Francisco – on Friday. Visitors will get to try out the OnePlus 2, ask questions, and could even win an invite. The first 50 visitors will get a gift bag. Details about the venue addresses can be found on the OnePlus forum.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.