Looking for something to do today? Why not get tickets for RedFest DXB or check out a photography exhibition in Dubai? Check out our full list of events and activities:
Catch a screening of the South Korean historical war drama Operation Chromite. During the Korean War, General Douglas MacArthur (Liam Neeson), sends eight members of the Korean Liaison Office on a secret mission to North Korea to carry out Operation X-Ray before MacArthur launches the Inchon Landing Operation.
• Screening at cinemas across the UAE, including Reel Cinemas, Star Cinemas, Cine Royal, Novo Cinemas and Vox Cinemas. (PG-15)
Register your 10-person team now for the inaugural Abu Dhabi Dash, the 15-km corporate relay running race that aims to promote a healthy lifestyle, and encourages fun competition and after-party networking with other corporates.
• November 22, 4.30pm to 10.30pm, Dh4,795 per team, Zayed Sports City, Abu Dhabi, register at www.theabudhabidash.com
Take part in today’s free Get Driver Fit activities as part of the Yasalam initiative to encourage a healthy community. Functional fitness is a combination of cardio and bodyweight exercises designed to help you lose weight, tone up and change body shape fast.
• Today, 7pm to 8pm, free, Haddins Fitness, Zayed Sports City, Abu Dhabi, www.yasalam.ae
American rapper Pitbull has been added to the line-up and will kick off the race weekend prior to the 2016 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. So get tickets now for the eighth edition of the race weekend, which features the final competition of the season and the popular post-race concerts, featuring The Chemical Brothers, Lionel Richie and Rihanna.
• November 25-27, various times, from 525, race events at Yas Marina Circuit and concerts at du Arena, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, 800 927, www.yasmarinacircuit.com
Get tickets now for Magic Phil and the Gigantic Beanstalk, a traditional British-style pantomime that tells the story of a man who dreams of being a magician, but works at a dairy. He sells his pet cow and a gigantic beanstalk takes over the village. The show includes singing, dancing, slapstick, audience participation and more.
• Thursday to Saturday, 5.30pm on Thursday; 1.30pm and 5.30pm on Friday and Saturday, from Dh110, ages 3+, Kilachand Studio Theatre, Ductac, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai, 04 341 4777, www.ductac.org
Attend the opening of the exhibition Thresholds. Art critic Murtaza Vali has curated a showcase of works by Sharjah-based painter Mouteea Murad that experiment with the use of mathematics in geometric abstraction, placing emphasis on space and dimension. Pictured: Trial No 127, The Magical Night Journey
• Opens tonight, 7pm-9pm, then runs daily until January 7, 10am-6pm, Sundays to Thursdays; noon-6pm on Saturdays (closed Fridays), 11 Ayyam Gallery, Alserkal Avenue, Al Quoz, Dubai, 04 323 6242, www.ayyamgallery.com
As If Anything Here Belonged To You, by Cecilia Fattorini opens today and presents works concerned with our impact on the world. The artist sources her subject matter from the rhythms and processes of nature and the spatial illusions created by the movement of light. Pictured: Silver Bullets 1
• Opens November 13, 6pm to 10pm, then runs daily until January 13, 10am-6pm, Saturdays to Thursdays (closed Fridays), Showcase Gallery, Alserkal Avenue, Al Quoz, Dubai, 04 379 0940, www.showcaseuae.com
Teenagers and adults are invited to register to take part in an abstract-sculpture workshop at thejamjar. Artist Sara Berti will teach participants how to create art using everyday objects.
• November 26, 10am to 1pm, Dh250 includes all materials, ages 14+, thejamjar, Alserkal Avenue, Al Quoz, Dubai, book at 04 341 7303 or [email protected]hejamjardubai.com
Get tickets for RedFest DXB, a weekend of live music featuring Daya, Chris Brown (pictured) and The Veronicas on February 2, and Demi Lovato, Mike Posner, Tove Lo and Alessia Cara on February 3.
• February 2-3, 6pm to 1am on Thursday; 2pm to 1am on Friday, from Dh395 for a one-day ticket, Dubai Media City Amphitheatre, Dubai, www.ticketmaster.ae
Pamper yourself with this month’s spa treatments at The Address Dubai Mall. Relieve, revive and refresh with a soothing 30-minute aromatherapy massage, an invigorating 30-minute body scrub and a revitalising 30-minute facial.
• Valid until November 30, 10am to 6pm, Dh599, The Address Dubai Mall, Dubai, 04 436 7424, www.theaddress.com