Monday / December 17.
HomeBiz TechSamsung Makes Sure Galaxy S8 Won't Repeat The Galaxy Note 7 Fiasco By Using Thermal Pipes Like The LG G6

Samsung Makes Sure Galaxy S8 Won't Repeat The Galaxy Note 7 Fiasco By Using Thermal Pipes Like The LG G6

Samsung and LG will utilize thermal pipes for their respective flagship devices, which are due for release this year, a new report says. This technology will allow the devices not to overheat, which is a situation Samsung is attempting to avoid, lest it springs up a brand-new debacle.

LG had already confirmed that it’ll outfit the LG G6 with heat pipes to prevent undesirable and possibly life-threatening incidents where devices explode suddenly. In the same vein, Samsung will employ a design for the Galaxy S8 that also includes thermal pipes, which will prevent the device from being embroiled in aforementioned incidents.

Samsung: Galaxy S8 Will Not Explode

Per Digitimes, citing supply chain makers as the source, the Galaxy S8 will be embedded with thermal pipes made by Taiwan-based Auras Technology and Chaun Chong Technology. Meanwhile, the LG G6 will have heat pipes from Japan-based Furukawa Electric and Taiwan-based Delta Electronics.

The Galaxy S8 was meant to contain two ultra-thin pipes, according to the report. This would have enhanced thermal dissipation, but the sources said that the Galaxy S8 will instead utilize Galaxy S7’s ultra-thin heat pipe design. Mass shipments of this component commence February, the report claims.

Digitimes’ report says the Galaxy S8 will launch in March. That release schedule conflicts with another rumor that touts a mid-April release for the imminent flagship.

Note 7 Fiasco

Hopefully, the thermal pipes prevent the forthcoming flagship from encountering the same snafus the Note 7 did. In 2016, Note 7 handsets started exploding randomly — not all, to be clear, but enough to become a pressing concern. Soon after, Samsung initiated a recall program for affected customers. When the problem still persisted, Samsung officially withdrew all Note 7 devices out in the wild and halted the device’s production altogether. As it stands, the Note 7 fiasco is quite possibly the biggest safety blunder in the history of smartphones, a situation so dire that the Federal Aviation Administration officially banned the Note 7 from air travel. That ban has since been lifted Jan. 10.

Reports say that Samsung’s Note 7 investigation has wrapped up, and it’s poised to disclose its findings before January ends. Additionally, it’s also expected to highlight other measures it’s taking to prevent Galaxy S8 battery explosions.

Samsung is also expected to unveil the Galaxy S8 come late February at this year’s Mobile World Congress, happening in Barcelona, Spain. It’s being tipped to come rocking with lot of things, but primarily, rumors point the Galaxy S8 to have a curved near-bezel-less screen manufactured under the Y-OCTA display technology, an iris scanner like the one found on the Note 7, 3D Touch-ish screen pressure sensitivity, and more.

Whatever the Galaxy S8 ends up being, explosive shouldn’t be one of them. The phone isn’t just Samsung’s newest flagship. It also stands as an opportunity for the company to prove that it can effectively patch a screwup.

What are your predictions for the Galaxy S8? Do you think it’ll be mired with the Note 7’s fiery debacle? Feel free to sound off in the comments section below!

© 2016 Tech Times, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

(Via TechTimes)