The Dow just suddenly plunged as Boeing stock crashed following headlines that the aircraft manufacturer will temporarily suspend 737 Max flight due to engine issues…
- *BOEING TEMPORARILY SUSPENDS 737 MAX FLIGHTS ON ENGINE ISSUE
- *BA: POTENTIAL MFG QUALITY ESCAPE W/LPT DISCS IN LEAP 1B ENGINES
- *BOEING SAYS IT’S WORKING WITH CFM TO INSPECT DISCS IN QUESTION
- *BOEING SAYS MAX PRODUCTION WILL CONTINUE
- *BOEING SAYS PLAN REMAINS TO BEGIN MAX DELIVERIES IN MAY
As Bloomberg reports, Boeing said it would temporarily suspend flights of its new 737 Max jetliner as engine issues came to light days before deliveries were to begin to airline customers.
Engine supplier CFM, a venture of General Electric Co. and Safran SA, notified Boeing of a manufacturing issue with low-pressure turbine discs, according to a statement Wednesday by the planemaker.
And that is smacking The Dow…
Boeing is not alone…
- *ROCKWELL COLLLINS, SPIRIT AERO, TEXTRON, UTX DROP TO LOWS