In partnership with TechCrunch, The Europas Conference & Awards, is a different kind of tech event which features main-stage speakers and panels as well as smaller breakout sessions on key subjects for startups. The Europas conference is followed by a glittering awards based on voting by expert judges and the industry itself.
Voting is now live, so please go and vote!
The awards are editorially led, with many nominated and others suggested by judges. There is no charge to enter or to be selected or to win. Meanwhile, you can grab tickets here.
The awards are supported by TechCrunch, the official and exclusive media partner. Attendees, nominees and winners will get deep discounts to TechCrunch Disrupt in Berlin, later this year.
Held annually, The Europas are the awards for technology startups in Europe. The whole thing comes together on a special awards night in London, on June 13, which is preceded by a smaller scale, but intimate, conference where VIPs mix freely with attendees.
There is also a VIP event on June 12, PathFounders, specifically geared to fund-raising startups and investors.
As well as main stage speakers and panels, the ‘special sauce’ of The Europas is the small, intimate breakout sessions where delegates can deep-dive into vertical topics with expert speakers. Plus the more fun stuff in the programme, like the music and cultural side events.
Speakers will include:
BARBARA BELVISI, Hardware Club
EILEEN BURBIDGE, Passion Capital
SHERRY COUTU, Founders4Schools
FRED DESTIN, Accel
TRACY DORÉE, Kindred
SAUL KLEIN, Localglobe
AZEEM AZHAR, Exponential View
ALICIA NAVARRO, Skimlinks
RESHMA SOHONI, Seedcamp
SARAH WOOD, Unruly
SITAR TELI, Connect Ventures
DAVID BENIGSON, Signal
TUGCE ERGUL, Angel Labs
VISHAL GULATI, Draper Esprit
VOLKER HIRSCH, Emerge Education
MARK LITTLE, Journalist
BROCK PIERCE, Blockchain Capital
CRYSTAL ROSE, Sensay
MANDEEP SINGH, Trouva
GABRIELLE APLIN, Singer Songwriter
ANNA BOFETTA, Balderton Capital
ALI PARSA, babylon
HAMISH GRIERSON, Thriva
AVI KASZTAN, Sixgill
RICHARD BROWNING, Gravity.co
JAMES CHAPPELL, Digital Shadows
BESS MAYHEW, More United
VINCE WALSH, UCL
ALEX DEPLEDGE, BuildPath
KENNY EWAN, WeFarm
RAPH CROUAN, Startupbootcamp IoT
HARRY STEBBINGS, The 20 Minute VC
ELLA GOLDNER, Zinc.vc
ERIK HARRELL, Kahoot!
ROMILLY DENNYS, Coadec
DOUG WINTER, Isotoma
SOFIA FENICHELL, Mrs. Wordsmith
RAJESH AGRAWAL, Deputy Mayor of London for Business
PETER CAHILL, Voysis
DANIEL KORSKI, Public
JANE MARTINSON, The Guardian
GABBI CAHANE, Multiple
JEFF LYNN, Seedrs
TINA BAKER, JAG Shaw Baker
DENZYL FEIGELSON, Platoon
SEBASTIAN PECK, InMotion, Jaguar Land Rover
LAURE CLAIRE REILLIER, Launchworks
BENOIT REILLIER, Launchworks
PEER HEINLEIN, Mailbox.org
STEPHANIE ALYS, MysteryVibe
In addition, featured attendees include:
Ben Tompkins, Eden Ventures
Chrys Chrysanthou, Notion Capital
Janne Kyttanen, WTF VC
Karen McCormick, Beringea
Sandy Mckinnon, Pentech Ventures
Jeff Lynn, Seedrs
Jon Bradford, Dubai Future Accelerators
Simon Murdoch, Episode1 Partners
Michael Jackson, Mangrove Capital
Instead of thousands of people, think of a great summer event with just 2,000 of the most interesting and useful people you could hope to meet.
• No secret VIP rooms, which means you get to interact with the Speakers
• Key Founders and investors speaking; featured attendees invited to just network
• Expert speeches, discussions, and Q&A directly from the main stage
• Intimate “breakout” sessions with key players on vertical topics
• The opportunity to meet almost everyone in those small groups, super-charging your networking
• Journalists from major tech titles, newspapers and business broadcasters
• A parallel Founders-only track (PathFounders) geared towards fund-raising and hyper-networking
• A stunning awards dinner and party which honors both the hottest startups and the leading lights in the European startup scene
• All on one day to maximise your time in London
That’s what The Europas aims to achieve. A great group of people from all over Europe, with key investors, founders and ecosystem players.
And what better way to do that in the summer sun, in London’s coolest part of town, with a drink in your hand, the prospect of some great conversations, and a fantastic party and celebration of the European startup scene in the evening.
This year the event is also moving East, to the amazing new ‘Hear East’ location, a locus for startups, and right by the incredible cultural quarter of Hackney Wick. And don’t worry, there will be super-cool hotels for people to hang out together in.
That’s just the beginning. There’s more to come…
There are three types of tickets available
• Daytime conference and evening awards tickets (valid all day, June 13th) – this ticket includes the daytime conference and the awards dinner with ceremony and after party. It includes refreshments and lunch during the conference, and the awards drinks reception and dinner. Get your ticket here.
• Evening Awards-only tickets (valid from 18.00 until midnight, June 13th) – this ticket is for the awards dinner with ceremony and after party. It includes the awards drinks reception and dinner. Individual tickets are on sale here.
If you wish to purchase a table for 10 or 12 guest or a half table for 5 guests, please contact [email protected]
• PathFounders (valid 12-14 June including The Europas conference and awards: this ticket is for start-up Founders only (and invite-only early stage investors) and includes the PathFounders programme. PathFounders commences early afternoon on 12 June and ends early afternoon on 14 June. You can apply for a Pathfounders ticket here.
PathFounders is the exclusive event for startup Founders, in particular those at an early stage and/or fund-raising. On the day before the Europas on 12 June, by invitation-only, PathFounders will bring together Founders and Investors in a series of exclusive networking experiences in London. This will bring 150 of Europe’s hottest early-stage Founders together with Europe’s best VCs and Angel Investors in a relaxed environment with amazing hospitality.
Interested in sponsoring the Europas or hosting a table at the awards? Get in touch with:
Petra Johansson // [email protected]
Questions on speaking? Contact Dianne See Morrison // [email protected]