Airfares tend to take a major chunk out of our travel budget. Getting affordable, let alone cheap, airfares to our favourite destination almost always seems like a difficult task. But according to online travel booking website HolidayMe.com, there are a few tips and tricks to landing yourself a good airfare deal.
1. Always use private browsing while looking for airfares: The cookies enabled in browsers are traceable by travel websites who then increase fares automatically for repeatedly searched routes and flights. Instead of falling into that trap, opt for private browsing to avoid track of searches and possibly find cheaper flights.
2. Check travel portals, flight search engines and comparison websites for discounts: In every calendar year, they release discounts on flights, hotels and holidays. Register for the official newsletters of various travel portals and keep a look out for air deals related to your destination.
3. Try booking with official airlines of your travel destination: They usually offer promotional airfares and all-inclusive holiday packages. Official airlines also usually have the best airfares and the maximum number of flights to your selected destinations.
4. Be flexible with your travel dates and timings: Because airfares fluctuate on a daily basis depending on demand and special seasons, flexibility in dates can help you pick the best date with the lowest airfare. Be flexible with your travel timings too. No one wants the hassle of late night flights, but those are the cheapest options due to fewer takers.
5. Opt for round-trips rather than one-way flights: Combined flights booked together save money and also saves you the hassle of searching for return flights and going through the same painstaking process again.