Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi, a digital media accelerator supported by twofour54 Abu Dhabi, showcased eight new start-up companies during its third Demo Day.
The Demo Day, held under the patronage of HE Noura Al Kaabi, Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs of the UAE and Chairwoman of the Media Zone Authority-Abu Dhabi, and twofour54, took place during the UAE Innovation week.
In addition to the diverse group of entrepreneurs that went through the four-month accelerator programme in Abu Dhabi, the third Demo Day also hosted three FinTech focused start-ups from Flat6Labs’ FinTech Accelerator Programme currently taking place in Cairo, Egypt.
The five start-ups that presented on Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi’s Demo Day include:
● Ella, a curated newsletter and content platform for young women in the Middle East.
● Heero, an eSports fan engagement platform helping teams engage, understand and monetise their fans.
● Narrativa transforms data into natural language reports and news using Artificial Intelligence.
● Riyash is an online platform that creates a marketplace for emerging furniture designers.
● Skylar Labs enables customer engagement through intelligent chatbots through its platform, Hyphen.
The three start-ups from Flat6Labs’ FinTech Accelerator Programme include:
● Card Switch, an anti-fraud and personal card management mobile application.
● Moneyfellows gives individuals access to interest free credit and helps them reach better saving achievements.
● Olly, a digital credit card app for students and young people.
On the success of the Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi’s latest cycles, Victor Kiriakos, managing director of Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi, said: “We are very proud to have accelerated 18 companies throughout our three cycles here in Abu Dhabi. Supporting the next generation of entrepreneurs from the UAE and abroad to scale their businesses in the MENA region and beyond is our main vision.
“This Demo Day highlighted eight great companies from our Abu Dhabi and Cairo accelerators, which is a testimony to the synergies we can leverage in the MENA region for our startups”
In May 2016 Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi recently partnered with Abu Dhabi Global Market to develop the financial technology (FinTech) space in Abu Dhabi.
The strategic partnership is focused fostering a vibrant entrepreneurial environment and supporting the growth of financial technology (FinTech) in Abu Dhabi.
Since its launch in November 2014, Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi has successfully graduated 18 technology startups over three cycles.
Flat6labs recently signed a $1 million deal with the World Bank investment arm International Finance Corporation (IFC) to launch around 100 start-ups over five years, according to Wamda.