GE Healthcare’s latest advanced solutions designed to accelerate sustainable healthcare development, now on show at Arab Health 2017
As demand for better healthcare grows, GE firmly committed to partnering with governments and private providers to upgrade health infrastructure and build capacity across the region
Tackling breast cancer, GE’s, new Senographe Pristina system, launched at Arab Health, reduces discomfort, pain and anxiety of a mammogram
Jeddah; January 29, 2017
GE Healthcare is unveiling its latest technologies to support the transformation of the Middle East region’s healthcare sector at Arab Health. At a time of increasing pressure on healthcare systems, these innovations aim to support both ministries of health and private providers in the region to address some of the sector’s most pressing challenges and priorities.
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) healthcare market is projected to grow from US$40.3 billion in 2015 to US$71.3 billion in 2020, driven by an increase in the population and the rising cost of treatment. As part of measures to address this, investments in new hospitals and clinics, and the introduction of mandatory health insurance, are expected to improve healthcare delivery. While government investments will principally improve access to health services, a growing appetite for strategic public private partnerships is also emerging as the industry embraces new business models to drive sustainable healthcare development.
“While private sector investments can help reduce the burden of costs on governments, a sustainable model of healthcare delivery that can assure better patient outcomes, must consider the entire healthcare ecosystem including the development of a superior and modern healthcare infrastructure,” said David Mezher, General Manager, GE Healthcare Middle East.
He continued: “In delivering healthcare, hospitals must be quick to diagnose and treat; efficient in disease management and patient pathways, and rely on a digital information management system to support patient care. That is the opportunity that the region’s healthcare sector has today. Through our focus on partnerships in the region, GE is bringing its global capabilities, technological innovations and risk-sharing approaches to support the ongoing transformation of healthcare in the region.”
Some of GE’s advanced suite of solutions that are being presented at Arab Health 2017 include:
· Senographe Pristina The number one reason women don’t schedule a mammogram is because it is uncomfortable2. However, we know that annual screening can help find cancer at an early stage when treatment is most likely to be successful and therefore reduces a patient’s risk of dying from the disease by 25-30% or more3. GE Healthcare wanted to completely redesign the experience to help women overcome these fears and make the exam comfortable. Senographe Pristina™ is designed to help reduce discomfort, pain and anxiety of a mammogram. It features the first-in-industry self-compression tool.
This is a major advancement for mammography to make the exam comfortable for the patient. The patient uses a remote control to adjust the amount of pressure, with the help of a technologist, so she can set what feels right for her.
· SIGNA Architect and SIGNAWorks: Within the field of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), GE Healthcare is showcasing an entire line-up of systems built on the SIGNA platform and focused on improving productivity and outcomes. For customers SIGNA Architect, a 3.0T MRI system, premium wide bore scanner features the eXpress detachable table that delivers feet-first or head-first imaging for all, with a more pleasant, quicker, targeted exam for patients. This new MRI system features the new SIGNAWorks, GE Healthcare’s new productivity platform. The SIGNAWorks standard applications portfolio is an extensive set of high-quality and efficient imaging capabilities that enables clinicians to achieve desired outcomes across their entire practice area such as brain, spine, cardiac, musculoskeletal imaging, oncology assessment, and pediatrics.
· OEC Elite MiniView C-arm: GE Healthcare’s new OEC Elite MiniView C-arm is designed to help remove frustrations and distractions in the operating room. Its flat detector technology focuses on enhancing the user experience and increasing imaging confidence. With fluidity, balance and smooth movements, the mini C-arm enables surgeons to maneuver the system single-handedly with speed and ease to position the C-arm around a patient’s anatomy.
· LOGIQ™ E9 XDclear 2.0: GE Healthcare will also highlight its ultrasound system, LOGIQ E9 XDclear 2.0, which delivers high-quality images across a wide variety of cases, from the routine to the technically challenging, including from head to toe, obese to thin, neonate to geriatric patients. It makes ultrasound for everyone, everywhere a reality by enabling new uses, new users, and new geographies.
GE’s technologies are being showcased under the theme of ‘Partners for Better Health,’ at Arab Health Exhibition & Congress 2017 to be held from Jan. 30 to Feb. 2, 2017, at the Dubai International Convention Center. Visit GE Healthcare’s booth at Sheikh Saeed Hall, Booth No: S3B10.
Join the conversation at our GE Hewar blog: https://middleeast.geblogs.com/
2. According to a 2014 study conducted by GEHC and Working Mother
GE (NYSE: GE) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the “GE Store,” through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com
About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter – great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. www.gehealthcare.com
For more information, please contact:
GE Healthcare – Middle East
+97152 800 6016
Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Tel: 0126067202, Ext: 200
© Press Release 2017
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.