DUBAI // An electrical short circuit is to blame for a fire that broke out on the roof of the Address Hotel at Dubai Mall on Thursday night.
The fire, which started in an apartment on the 26th floor, was “brought under control in record time” by the Civil Defence teams, according to the state news agency Wam.
Lt Col Ali Al Mutawa, director of operations at the Department of Civil Defence, praised the professionalism of the security and safety staff at the hotel who quickly evacuated the residents of the 26th floor. No one was injured in the incident.
The Government of Dubai Media Office confirmed through its Twitter account that the “small fire reported at The Address Hotel Dubai Mall was extinguished immediately. Situation is back to normal”.
An electrical short circuit was also to blame for a spectacular New Year’s Eve fire at another Address Hotel, which is also near Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa. The Address Downtown Hotel, which was engulfed by flames, remains closed.
(via The National)