Just in:
Dubai tourism recovery gathers pace with flight returns // Alpro Group and AstraZeneca Collaborate to Advance Early Detection Across the Cardio-Kidney-Metabolic Spectrum and Raise Awareness of Hyperkalemia // Aramco offers Asian refiners crude via Fujairah // Tech Data Expands IBM Distribution to Accelerate Partner-Led Growth Across Asia Pacific // CodeRabbit secures $143 million for AI governance push // Asia Responsible Enterprise Awards and Asia Pacific Enterprise Awards 2026 China Chapter Celebrate Resilient Enterprises Forging Legacies of Excellence and Impact // allnex Announces the Next SCA Capacity Investment In APAC // US emergency oil reserve sinks to 1982 low // At Just 27, Hamdan Bin Turki Al Mehairi Is Building One of the Most Ambitious Business Groups // tridorian launches Gemini Enterprise Experience Center in Singapore to help enterprises turn AI ambition into business outcomes // Building a Global EV Footprint: How VinFast and Local Partners Power Middle East Expansion // Rupee weakens as oil and geopolitical risks mount // Trump rejects Iran truce extension as Lebanon flares // JSCCIB Joins Forces with Public Sector and World Bank to Launch “The Bangkok Business Summit 2026: Reinvent Thailand, Resilient ASEAN” // UK fraud filings reach first-half record // Telegram seeks .gram domain for user web identities // Oil prices climb as Iran tensions deepen // Warsh Fed will do nothing to derail rally in US bank shares // Abu Dhabi book fair moves to September // Coming endgame of global macro, AI bubble //

Al Futtaim’s Egypt land row resolved

Majid Al FuttaimEgypt authorities said on Wednesday they have resolved a long-standing dispute over a land sale with Dubai-based conglomerate Al Futtaim Group, as the government seeks to clear a backlog of such disputes in order to win back badly-needed foreign investors.

A cabinet statement said the company would pay a fee to cover a renegotiated land price at the Cairo Festival City development, but it did not give details.

A government source had previously said the negotiators were considering a payment of around 235 million Egyptian pounds ($33 million) but Reuters could not confirm the final figure they agreed on.

Officials at Al Futtaim were not immediately available for comment.

Egypt is seeking to attract foreign investment following more than three years of political turmoil. Long-awaited steps towards energy subsidy reform and tax hikes have built some confidence in the government of former army chief Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, but investors still cite legal disputes as one of the major obstacles to their return.

In another sign that Egypt was ready to engage with investors Egyptian firm Orascom Construction Industries , a subsidiary of Dutch-listed OCI, earlier this month won its appeal in a dispute with the tax authority.

That led billionaire Egyptian owner Nassef Sawiris to announce multi-billion dollar investments in the country’s power sector.

The Futtaim deal provides for the completion of the real estate project which the statement said would provide “thousands of job opportunities in the sector and related industries…”.

“This decision comes in the framework of the government’s continuing tireless efforts to resolve investors’ problems while guaranteeing the state’s rights…”, the statement said, adding that the agreement would keep Egypt from international arbitration.-Reuters

 



Notice an issue?

Arabian Post strives to deliver the most accurate and reliable information to its readers. If you believe you have identified an error or inconsistency in this article, please don't hesitate to contact our editorial team at editor[at]thearabianpost[dot]com. We are committed to promptly addressing any concerns and ensuring the highest level of journalistic integrity.


Loading next story…